As a mobile app developer for Charco, your primary responsibility will be helping develop our CUE App, a companion application to our CUE1 device for Parkinson’s. We are looking for someone who is action-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, passionate to learn new skills and technologies, a strong communicator, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Also, we value positivity, friendliness and flexibility. Being such a small team, we care deeply about collaboration and so being able to work effectively and transparently with others is very important to us.
Required and desirable skills:
- 1 – 4 years of mobile app development experience is required
- Experience with React Native, Redux, Typescript or equivalent is desirable
- Experience building AWS infrastructure is desirable
- Experience with deploying machine learning models on AWS is a plus
- Experience with web development is a plus
- At least an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM field is desirable
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good team work spirit
- Responsible and proactive with ideas
As part of your daily work, you will be:
- Working on both frontend and backend with the latest frameworks and libraries to build new features for our application
- Working with the software development team to improve scalability by refining the architecture of our application
- Working with AWS services
- Working with Bluetooth technology to communicate with the CUE1 device
- Working with our Product and Data Science teams to come up with the best technical solutions
- Learning about developing software under medical regulation through different medical standards such as 62304, 14971, 13485
Why join Charco?
This is an opportunity for anyone interested in the MedTech/start-up sphere to be involved in an exciting, social-impact project that is growing rapidly with a caring and dedicated team. The company is expanding at a very fast pace and you will have the opportunity to quickly develop skills without the bureaucracy that is found in larger companies. Your work on the CUE App will be pivotal to the growth of the company, and will help improve quality of life for people with Parkinson’s from around the world.
Salary range is £35,000 – £55,000, and will be adjusted according to the candidate’s experience and fit. Role is full-time, subject to 3-month probationary period. To apply, please send cover letter and CV to [email protected]