We are looking for an electronics & firmware engineer who will be involved in developing new technology. This will enable us to further improve people’s daily lives.
You will be closely working together with our clinical R&D and product development team. This is a full-time role, for which you will be expected to be within travelling distance of Cambridge, UK, and this role will entail hybrid in-person & remote-working.
If you only possess skills in one of either Electronics / Firmware, we will still be interested in your application so please do apply.
What set of skills are expected
- Have at least an undergraduate degree in a relevant Engineering field (preferably Electrical/Electronics Engineering) or equivalent experience is required
- 1 year of experience in analogue electronic design, including component selection, multi-layer PCB design, assembly/fabrication and debugging/reworking circuits is desirable
- Experience working with various communication protocols such as I2C, USB, UART, SPI is desirable
- Experience in embedded software development is a plus
- Experience with low level interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART etc is desirable
- Knowledge of ARM Architecture or similar is desirable
- Strong programming skills in C/C++/Rust is desirable
- Experience using a standard RTOS such as FreeRTOS is desirable
- Understanding of wireless technology (BLE) is desirable
- Experience in Medical sector is a plus
- Experience in working in a fast and dedicated R&D team is desirable
- Good team work spirit is required
- Being responsible and proactive with ideas is required
- Excellent time-management skills is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
We are also looking for someone with strong critical thinking skills and an eye for detail. Also, we value positivity, friendliness and flexibility. Being such a small team, we care deeply about collaboration and so being able to work effectively and transparently with the team is very important to us.
Salary will be adjusted according to the candidate’s experience, £35k-55k. Role is full-time, subject to 6-month probationary period. To apply to this role please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].